• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

damaged flexi 6.6v2 disc

racinrandy

Somehow my flexi 6.6v2 disc delamanated and no longer works.What happened to all three of my backups is allso a mystery. I dont need an upgrade of a product that costs thousands then years down the road they cant even sell you a copy of what you paid thousands for?
can someone else please help me? i have the dongle just need the disc will pay help help help help call or email me thanks or maybe a 7.0 version may work with my old parrallel port dongle?:thankyou:

randy
970-641-2327 grandy571@yahoo.com

racinrandy

thanks a bunch pat .i have been using flexi since they came out with it .its a good program its all ill ever use . but how can a company treat its customers so badly and survive ? ive never gotten any help from amiable in all these years and because of that refuse to give them anymore of my hard earned $ people like you are awesome thanks bigtime maybe my family will have some grub next week after all

Scott Reynolds

My oldest copy is 6.6.1. Would that work?

I know my 7.5.5 still works on the old parallel port dongle.

Your license is the dongle, not the disk right? So a copy of the disk isn't hurting any copyright infringement? Can anyone else weigh in on this?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Keep in mind.... if you have old software on optical (or god forbid floppy) discs you should make a copy of their entire contents to an external hard drive as a backup. Optical discs (CD, DVD, bluray, etc) DO have a limited life and will degrade, they are not forever. The dye layer is often organic and does break down over time. So brands/formulations do better than others but it's still prudent to have a backup.

S11930

you are upset with flexi because they dont carry or support your disks any more, Ill bet you are more upset with windows because they don't support 3.1 or 95 any more.

racinrandy

they have never helped me from the get go all the way from the start when i had flexi 3.0 rarely am i negative about anything if you only knew what ive been through with them ive spent roughly ten grand with them its like ford saying your cars 12 now you can no longer buy parts for it time to buy a new truck

J Hill Designs

no, its like having a damaged win95 disk and m$ tells you they dont make em anymore...such is life with softwares...hope someone here can help ya, or your up the creek i figure

WildWestDesigns

they have never helped me from the get go all the way from the start when i had flexi 3.0 rarely am i negative about anything if you only knew what ive been through with them ive spent roughly ten grand with them its like ford saying your cars 12 now you can no longer buy parts for it time to buy a new truck

Actually that could happen if you were to try to get parts from Ford. If it's a low production vehicle (say 6.4 to stick with the Ford theme), I could see after so long not being about to get parts within that 12 yr time from Ford (a/m parts is different), especially if you got it closer to the end of the vehicle's short production run. Add a couple of yrs to that if you got it at the beginning of the run.

This topic actually comes up quite a bit in the diesel forums that I'm apart of.

S11930

When you say they flexi has never helped you is it in installing the program, or learning how to use the program. I use 3 very well know programs gerber, engravelab, and flexi. a couple of things that are important and you've heard before. Keep your c drive clean take off programs you don't use or will never use, run a disk cleaner, run a malware scanner. keep your software up to date. conflicts occur between older programs and newer software, put your data on a separate hard disk.

Baz

MS said a month or so ago that support for XP is ending next year. :frustrated:

If we are talking about production pc's then who cares? My computer that is running my plotter and printer has an XP install dating back to 2004! It has never been connected to the internet except for that first time "Authentication confirmation". Once that was done the plug was pulled and no more access to updates that would cause other software to stop operating like they should. This computer has been starting the same way for 8 years now.

Now .. I do have other pc's that i use to go online and design with but i think the time is coming to get off of XP when it comes to the web and installing new software.

WildWestDesigns

If we are talking about production pc's then who cares?

It could depend. If your security certificates and other updates along those lines are outdated, newer software (even ones that are listed as compatible with XP) may not work correctly.

I'm not one that willy nilly updates my computers, however, if you do bring newer software at all, even if MS kept XP support, you might consider updating some of those items. Not all mind you, but there are some that could cause issues with newer software.

It could even be possible to have a Win 7 program that could need an update that your Win 7 OS doesn't have as well. This issue is just more pronounced on an older machine.

Now, if you don't update anything at all and/or update or add any programs then you are golden until that machine dies on you or you get tired of it, whichever comes first.

Pat Whatley

I've got a 6.6 disk, a 6.4 disk, and a copied version that's just got Flexi 6 written on it. Maybe one of them will work for you?