• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

damn wooden stakes!

visual800

I rarely do these and sure enuff now I have to find70 of these stakes. I have scoured the internet, called other sign folks. I did find one place that would sell me some but they are not drilled out and are unfinished. REALLY? These things have become extinct and rarw. Where are you guys getting them

CanuckSigns

are you talking about the little 1x2 wooden stakes with one end cut to a point? the ones surveyors use to mark property lines? I got some at the local hardwood store last time, but I remember them being much more expensive than I thought they should be!

visual800

ty sir I guess Ill go by lowes since the damn website doesnt give me height specs! thanks for the response

rjssigns

I just buy a bundle of furring strips(1x2) and make what I need. 8 footers at Menards are around $0.80 ea.

Pat Whatley

No, the problem is that for 40 years we had a local company making 48" oak stakes with slots routed and holes drilled, painted glossy white. Every real estate company in central Alabama was using them.
They were rock solid, affordable, and attractive (-ish).

Furring strips shatter when you try to hammer them into red clay and landscape stakes are fugly.

Then the real estate market tanked and they went out of business.

Check your email, I sent you a supplier.

Attachments

• stake2.jpg
    stake2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 56