• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dance floor letterimg

SpectrumCustoms

I have a customer that wants their name put on a concrete dance floor.I was wondering if there is a laminate strong enough for this or what should be used?stain,paint, vinyl. the floor is very smooth. Thanks in advance

diamondavenue

Depends on how permanent you want it to be, but Sherwin Williams makes a great stain product. We used it to do a replica Blackhawks rink, and it turned out great, and doesnt leave the surface slick.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow..... that's crazy. Dancing on concrete is murder on your feet, ankles and knees after 1/2 an hour or so. Not to mention if someone falls.... that'll really hurt.

Anyway, to keep it safe.... paint would be your best bet and then tell them to put two or three clear coats over the entire floor.

diamondavenue

Gino. safety is the reason I suggested the stain. Any paint whether it has a clear or a grip coat will have a slightly slick surface.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
dia......

Not if finished off properly. Besides 1,000's of shoes shuffling around and dancing will become much more slippery than any clear coat you might put down. The more wear and tear that floor gets from dancing... the more slick it will become. For a dance floor.... you want a floor that is not slippery or makes your feet come to a screeching halt. Proper coating will do that. However, I don't think it will be necessary on cement.

Dance floors are something I have a lot of background in. In fact, we put a 1,000 sq ft floating floor in our basement where my wife teaches all kinds of Ballroom and Salsa/Merengue/Cumbia dances. Been doing this stuff for 20 years.

I've painted many wooden floors over the years and based upon the kind of floor and its intended use..... the finish is the key element.

Ever hear basketball players' sneakers at a game ?? Well, that's the total opposite of the kind of floor you want in a dancing area. Again, I'm talking mostly wooden and tile floors, but regardless of the makeup of the floor.... dancing shoes will make it fast and smooth very quickly except on high humidity days.