• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dark Colors

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Any Help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I have a Roland 540i and have never had this problem before...My Cyan said it was empty because my colors were coming out alot darker than put in (which has never happened before). I ordered a new cyan and it still shows ink level for cyan is empty. On test print it comes out fine. I did a complete wash and powerful clean also. I have a job due by Fri. thinking the ink was out but its not the case. Does anyone have any suggestions for me before I have to call a Tech for 600 dollars and be late on this job?
Thank You very much for any suggestions!!

I have also calibrated my machine which did not help.
:confused:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Just the file is printing dark, or any file prints dark? Is this new media for you? New profile?

ams

Sounds like a sensor or you may be using a OEM ink and the chip isn't registering.

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Just the file is printing dark, or any file prints dark? Is this new media for you? New profile?

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Do you know of a way I can get the OEM chip to read without having to call a tech out. Yes its on all my files Now:(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I think you have two separate problems that just happened to show up at the same time. The ink system has nothing to do with how dark the prints come out unless you put the wrong color ink in the cyan spot.

The pack end sensor is probably broken on your cyan cartridge holder. It looks like a little black lever on the right, bottom side of the holder. Compare it with the other slots and you should be able to see that it is broken. When the sensor breaks is thinks all cartridges are empty no matter what.

As far as color changing, maybe a setting was changed unnoticed? If you accidentally turned off color correction that would make everything darker for sure. Show us a picture of the difference between what it was printing and what it is printing now so we can take a look.

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Thank you...I have attached one of what it suppose to look like (1st one), one of playing around with the output (2nd one) and one of dark it original prints. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! :)

Attachments

• Carwash layout.jpg
    Carwash layout.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 124
  • test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 123
  • how colors are coming out.jpg
    how colors are coming out.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 125

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
My first impression from the images is your yellow is not firing. I'm thinking you may have some nozzle drop out and/or cross-contamination. How does the nozzle check look?

Dawn N

Sign Owner
I thought ok but I have been stressing over the blue. Do you think if I do a nozzle clean on all lines that might help some?

Dawn N

Sign Owner
I thought ok but I have been stressing over the blue. Do you think if I do a nozzle clean on all lines that might help some?

My first impression from the images is your yellow is not firing. I'm thinking you may have some nozzle drop out and/or cross-contamination. How does the nozzle check look?

Dawn N

Sign Owner
Also when I thought the cyan was out I purchased a new one and found out it was still half full. I took tape and put over the hole and put it back in a bag. Any chance that will help me save the ink. So Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate you taking time to try and help. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't promised a customer his job would be done by Saturday thinking it was just the ink had ran out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink cartridges have self healing septum so they won't go bad even after being punctured. That being said I did have a customer recently do the same thing and the cartridge leaked. That's the first time in 10 years I have ever seen it happen though.

I think you probably have a cap top issue and/or the pump system is clogged. The nozzle check has to be missing a bunch of nozzles to print like it is above. The cap top is probably failing and the cleaning cycles are just not working properly.

Dawn N

Sign Owner
The ink cartridges have self healing septum so they won't go bad even after being punctured. That being said I did have a customer recently do the same thing and the cartridge leaked. That's the first time in 10 years I have ever seen it happen though.

I think you probably have a cap top issue and/or the pump system is clogged. The nozzle check has to be missing a bunch of nozzles to print like it is above. The cap top is probably failing and the cleaning cycles are just not working properly.

unmateria

I'm going to do a nozzle clean. Thank you for all your advise :)
Hi :) yes, yellow is clogged. Try to print a 30 cms long yellow patch after a cleaning. If it starts printing ok and yellow dissapears before that 30 cms, probably air is entering the tube (check dumpers first) or its clogged from inside (have to insert a little ink solvent with very little pressure, Wait some minutes and suck softly with a syringe from the yellow dumper placeholder). Of course, first check that pump is firing ink while you are doing the cleanings

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk