• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dark grey glow around white drop shadow?

designflow

I am printing a black background and the logo has a white outer glow around it, but when its printed i get the white glow then on the outer edge of it i get this dark grey/green shadow around the glow?
I noticed that this only happens when i print on black backgrounds with the white shadows/outer glow??? Is there a way to fix this problem? Im using photoshop.

designflow

heres the photo IMG_4649.jpg

Letterbox Mike

Looks like a profile/color management problem. In your RIP, do you have an option somewhere to enable black point compensation? If so, make sure it is enabled.

Also, are your input profiles correct in the RIP and in your file?

MikePro

using illustrator? looks like you're saving your file with low-resolution gradients.
when you save the .eps, set your transparency option to high-resolution... or custom, as pictured, to dial up the resolution even more.
Picture 11.png

designflow

Insigna, the design was already created by someone else, but over the full graphics you don't see the halo around the lettering. It only happens when you have a black background. I had this happen before when I designed it in photoshop I am also saving it as a tiff and ripping it in versa workers. I'll have to check my rip to see if I have that setting to enable it.