• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dark/Navy Blue Prefinished panel

Billct2

I'm looking for a pre-finished panel, preferably 4x10, in dark/navy blue. It could be 3mm ACM, fluted core, or 080 aluminum or any flat rigid exterior material which would take vinyl letters. My vendors don't have anything, even in their custom architectural panels. I could go powder coated, but I think a pre-finished panel would be more economical and require less handling.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The darkest blue is like a Royal Blue, which isn't really near navy, let alone dark navy. If you don't wanna powder coat, how about taking it to a body shop and having them use lacquer ?? Or just flood coat some screen ink.

Billct2

Yea, we could paint them ourselves, but it's like 50 2x10 panels...I may get a price on powder coating.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're using 3mm ACM, you're not looking for strength, so are these single-sided ?? It's the alternative of .080, which threw me.

fresh

The powder coater near me can't really do 10ft (maybe yours can.) You might want to get a quote from Maaco or a body shop.

2B

what about getting cast plotter film or wrap film and applying to a standard white panel

we have done this on several projects, all of them are still in good condition

Billct2

If it were a few panels that's what I'd do, but with the quantity I'd rather not. I have found one manufacturer (Alupanel) that has a dark blue ACM (thanks Gary), waiting for a sample now

Billct2

Yes, it's an odd setup. Always have to remember to check which side is out. And what if for a simple double sided sign, you have to bond two together.