• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dark Print Help

4R Graphics

Hello All,
Well I just bought a mimaki jv3 and the guy gave me flexi 8.1 with it and well I have read many posts and have adjusted the ink levels and what not and well anything I print that is vector and created in flexi it prints great I even created a bitmap in flexi just some color dots and it prints great I exported the bitmap as a tiff and brought it back in to flexi and it prints great but I cant seem to take just a unmoded pic straight from my ccamera and get it to print it either prints dark (the blue sky looks like it is about to rain its black) with no color correction or the colors are way off and slightlly darker with color correction on ( with color correction it is changing the nice blue sky to a magenta sky). I know that photos often need to be corrected and I have brought the photo into photshop it all looks good and saved it as a tiff same problem any help would be great.
The flexi is version 8.1 and the printer is a jv3 it has a bulk ink system. I realize there are many actors and calibration of everything is needed but I would think we could at least get it to print a blue sky not trying to color match just trying to get something that looks like a nice blue sky.

Thanks in advance.