• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dasher Boards...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Got a call from someone today and they were asking about 'Dasher Boards' for their rink.

I've lettered a few of them over the years, but the substrate was always supplied.

Does anyone know where to get these or is it just as good to get your own poly-carb and cut it to size ??

Also, those of you doing this, do you reverse print on the back and if so, what do you back it up with to give it some punch or do you just print on the front of white and laminate ??

:thankyou: Gino

rjssigns

What about direct print to foam core then top with clear polycarb? A local rink is done like that.

Billct2

We reverse apply to our own clear polycarbonate. Anything on the front gets too beat up and can peel during a game.

sfr table hockey

Just did one a couple weeks ago for the Arena here.

What they wanted the graphic on was a .030 styrene sheet (size of 33 1/2" x 96") cheap, light and easy to cut with a blade. From there that sheet was attached to the boards and the existing lexan clear sheet was put back in front.

Make sure first, that they don't already have the clear to go in front.

Baz

Just did one a couple weeks ago for the Arena here.

What they wanted the graphic on was a .030 styrene sheet (size of 33 1/2" x 96") cheap, light and easy to cut with a blade. From there that sheet was attached to the boards and the existing lexan clear sheet was put back in front.

Make sure first, that they don't already have the clear to go in front.

That's how we do it up here as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just got back from a meeting with these people.

The stuff is called dashermax dasher. The signs come from someone or some shop in New England. AEI or something similar.

Trying to figure out what material is being used. Nothing on the Google search has posed any help so far. Any help would be appreciated. It's thicker than normal vinyl and it's very shiney. The shininess isn't a concern. I've seen anywhere from 6 mil stock being advertised up to 15 mil.

Their main reason for looking for someone new is freight is killing them and so many packages are coming in damaged and broken and because of the company's slow turnaround, some advertisers are waiting as much as 4 to 6 weeks, with one having to wait almost three months.

I know this is a super old thread but did anyone ever figure out what AMI was using for laminate for these dasher ads. The gloss on them is like nothing I have seen before!..... I am stumped. And some of the customers that were using AMI want that gloss back..