Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data Merge With Advanced Step and Repeat

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jasonx, Jul 6, 2012.

1. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Hey guys,

I need to do an advanced file merge with step and repeat.

I have separate EPS files that I want laid out in the one layout.

If the software could spit out multiple pages or multiple files with these layouts once it hits 36 that would be even more awesome.

Attached is my template of how I'd like the items included for the step and repeat.

Can I achieve this with indesign? Or another software.

Any advice is appreciated it's something that will save me a lot of time instead of doing it manually.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. garisimo

garisimo Member

Oct 14, 2009
    USA
    I did a job similar to that, recently, using InDesign -- unfortunately, you can't get the variable spacing as shown in your comp -- but you can make an initial job with x-up, export that as PDF or eps, and then make another layout with those images. Sending this msg from my phone; can respond better when at the office.

-g-

3. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks Garisimo,

That's what we found. But I thought it was just know knowledge with indesign. I am discussing it with these guys to see if it can be done.

http://emsoftware.com/products/emdata/

Anyone on here have this software?