• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane arriving tonight.....

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Since he's doing an automobile tour of the states, he wanted to stop by to "shake my hand". I convinced him to stay at our house over the weekend. We have a full slate of activities planned for his visit - including going to Billy Bob's to see Jason Aldean in concert and drinking more than our fair share of beers. We'll go through the historic stockyards area to see SteveC's museum of sandblasted signs, stop into a few of the old bars and drink more of than our fair share of beers. Then, we're going to go to the Mayfest along the banks of the Trinity river and again drink more than our fair share of beers. Should be a good time, and he will be the first friend from Signs101 I'm finally having the chance to meet. Can't wait!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since he's doing an automobile tour of the states, he wanted to stop by to "shake my hand". I convinced him to stay at our house over the weekend. We have a full slate of activities planned for his visit - including going to Billy Bob's to see Jason Aldean in concert and drinking more than our fair share of beers. We'll go through the historic stockyards area to see SteveC's museum of sandblasted signs, stop into a few of the old bars and drink more of than our fair share of beers. Then, we're going to go to the Mayfest along the banks of the Trinity river and again drink more than our fair share of beers. Should be a good time, and he will be the first friend from Signs101 I'm finally having the chance to meet. Can't wait!!!

Yeah, right....... and you make it with someone from down under :rolleyes:

Once ya meet one s101-er, it doesn't get any better.... they all look alike :ROFLMAO:

Knock down a few for me and tell him I said he owes me a beer.... :Oops: I mean..... Bushmill.
Have fun you guys. :thumb:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Very cool Arlo. I got to meet Dave at the sign show a couple of years ago. He and his wife are terrific people!!

And oh yeah... make sure to drink your fair share of beers :smile:

gabagoo

Sounds Great!!! But Arlo, don't forget that the 2 of you should make a point of having your fair share of beers as well eh? :tongue:

Jillbeans

I hope he brought you some Tim Tams!
Enjoy, Arlo.
Glad to hear that you are getting out-n-about.
Love....Jill

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Cool!:toasting:
Dave D sure gets around... Tell him your taking him to Outback Steakhouse and post a pic of his expression. .. :Cool 2:

Dave Drane

Let me tell you guys that Arlo sure knows how to make a guy feel welcome. We had a blast exploring the Stockyards and Billy Bobs. Here is Arlo and Liddy standing in front of Arlo's sign at Billy Bobs, where many famous people have performed. Looking forward to a great night.:Australia:wavingflag:

Attachments

• SN155676.jpg
    SN155676.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 53

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Very cool Arlo. I got to meet Dave at the sign show a couple of years ago. He and his wife are terrific people!!

They are ABSOLUTELY terrific for a fact. I don't remember ever enjoying house guests more. My wife (fortunately) feels the same. She said it was a lot of fun having them here.

Dave said the highlight of his trip was a little incident that happened at Billy Bob's Texas (worlds largest honky tonk). Dave saw one of the restaurants crowded with people wearing Harley Owners Group vests. Two guys were standing just inside the door, as was a woman who was making announcements into a microphone. Dave stepped up to one of the guys and said something to him. The guy yelled at the woman with the microphone to hand it to him. He said "okay, now will you repeat the question you just asked me in that great accent?" Dave took the microphone and said "do you allow Australians in here?". The room erupted into applause as Dave produced his H.O.G. identification card. The guy then asked Dave what his member name was. There was an uproar of laughter when Dave answered "Muscles". You'd have to be familiar with Dave or seen a pic of him to get the joke. Dave came out the room grinning from ear to ear saying that had made the trip entirely worthwhile.

As soon as they arrived they presented us with a big bottle of an Australian wine (my kind of guests!). We wore them out with the walking tour of the historic Stockyards area - they dropped into bed at 10pm. Dave took a photo of every one of SteveC's incredible signs at the shops in the area, often lingering to admire the designs. Unfortunately, we didn't get to hook up with Steve. We now have a standing invitation to go to Australia and stay as long as we like with them - a deal we'll be cashing in on as soon as we can save the airfare. I can't recommend enough you invite them to your place on their next trip here.

ProWraps

awesome story. love those aussies! had a blast in Canes last year. great people, clean cities, and lots of fun. expensive as hell, but fun none the less.