• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane...

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is one of those things that can leave one wondering ... The Mrs. keeps a clip-on Koala pin given to her by Dave on the sun visor in our car. When we left the house yesterday to go out to eat, she noticed that it had fallen off the visor and was on the floor.

I have mine ... it actually kind of just turned up again Friday on the table next to the couch. Jeff said he didn't put it there at the time, but I really didn't think anything of it - still don't but seems rather odd since I hadn't seen it in a while. I think Teri has one - wonder if hers has been active too.

Ken

A sad day indeed..Rest in peace Dave. Your are leaving many friends behind.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."
Love to all. Ken

qmr55

Very sad indeed, never had the pleasure of meeting Dave off of the forum but I loved reading what he had to say on here. Condolences to his family and hope the best for them in such a hard time.

fmg

Condolences to his family.He seemed like a stand up gentleman from what I read here.RIP

Si Allen

Dave's Avitar was taken at my house when he was fondling my guns.

That pose was of him holding a S&W mod28 in .357 Magnun ... he was saying that he wished that he could take home with him.

Attachments

• Dave Drane.jpg
    Dave Drane.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 90

GB2

Old Member
I've always had great respect for Dave here on Signs101. We both attended the ISA show in Las Vegas last year, called each other on the phone and even stayed in the same hotel but unfortunately we weren't able to connect in person, which was something I've regretted. That has just been another lesson in how you should never miss an opportunity placed in front of you as you may never have that moment again. This is truly a time of great sorrow and I offer my sincere condolences to his family.

Jillbeans

Very shocked and saddened by the news.
I had sent him a PM last month about his new avie (we would occasionally PM) and he had a cute little reply:
Re: :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillbeans
Love your new photo.
:)
Jill
Heh heh!! Si Allen took it at his home last year. Did you notice where my hand was? I said lets pretend I am shooting a fly on the wall and I was holding it normally. Si said "Er Dave, be careful, it is loaded" Holy crap I couldn't shift my finger quick enough!! lol!
I am sure that being a biker, he would have chosen this type of exit, just not as soon. Rest in peace, Dave.
Love....Jill

k.a.s.

Very sad news. Didn't know him other than from on Signs 101, but anytime someone is lost from here it feels like losing a member of the family. My prayers will be for his wife and family.

kevin

CES020

Very sad news indeed. I didn't know him either, but really enjoyed his posts. Rest in Peace, Dave.

iSign

I am speechless with sadness for a life lost & all that this loss means to people and places he has, and was yet to touch on the planet!

I am with others in the small measure of comfort found in knowing Dave spent his last moments doing something he loved!