• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dave Drane...

Billct2

Damn, this is really sad news, he's one of those guys who's posts I always looked forward to...
My condolences to hi family, he will be greatly missed.

Marlene

such sad news. one of the greatest things the internet has given us is the chance to meet people we would never get the chance to meet in person. our world here is so much smaller than he world outside. we morn a friend from so far away yet so close to our home here. I will miss Dave as he was such a nice guy.

this is from a PM from way back in 2010 between Dave and I. he had posted that his Cockatiel has died and just how much he missed that little bird. when mine died a little while after, I knew there was one other person on this planet that would understand my loss and we shared our grief.

my cockatiel died last night and I thought if anyone on the planet would understand the empty feeling our house has now, it would be you. you know how there's musice playing in the background of a movie? if a director decided not to have it, the movie would feel flat and lacking of life. our Jack was the music of our life. every birthday candle blown out, every Christmas present unwrapped, every giggle, every sorrow, he sang the background music and gave our lives it's sound track. he was 23 years old and has been there for most of my life and almost all of my daughter's life. this morning when I woke up to a silent house, it felt so strange as I can't even remember a morning without a song.

thanks for the cyber shoulder to cry on,
your pal,
Marlene

Originally Posted by Marlene
my cockatiel died last night and I thought if anyone on the planet would understand the empty feeling our house has now, it would be you. you know how there's musice playing in the background of a movie? if a director decided not to have it, the movie would feel flat and lacking of life. our Jack was the music of our life. every birthday candle blown out, every Christmas present unwrapped, every giggle, every sorrow, he sang the background music and gave our lives it's sound track. he was 23 years old and has been there for most of my life and almost all of my daughter's life. this morning when I woke up to a silent house, it felt so strange as I can't even remember a morning without a song.

thanks for the cyber shoulder to cry on,
your pal,
Marlene

Hi Marlene, I am just so sorry to hear of your loss. I know exactly how empty you are feeling and I am very sad for you. It is 2 weeks since I lost Digger, and I still come downstairs every morning expecting to take his cover off and have him whistling his crazy songs. When I get home from work he always recognized my different motorcycles and let my wife know I was home..
Ooooh there are just too many stories and with the age of Jack you would know that "that slab of life" and what has happened in his time here. I made Digger a small cross from some heavy acryllic so the termites can't damage it, and engraved a plaque and placed it on his grave in the garden that he overlooked and loved. I have some photos, if you would like to see them.
Regards Dave. :Australia

Baz

RIP Dave ... I'll miss reading his posts .. He definately was one of the characters from this place which i would have loved to meet. Condolences to his family and friends....

acothran

Shocked by this news. I started visiting S101 about 3 years ago and Dave Drane has always been a helpful voice. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. RIP buddy.

Allen

JimmyG

Today is another sad day just knowing Dave Drane has passed away and I will never be able to talk with him again....We met via forums many years back and instantly became far away friends, Dave was the most generous signmaker I have ever known and was always "there" to encourage, help with creative nudges, hand painting tips and all around comradery via forums and email....I met up in person with Dave and Liddy at a Vegas ISA show afew years ago, and they graced us with a weekend visit on one of their famous "drive across the USA" trips...I had purchased for Dave an air power MBX Vinyl Zapper because he couldn't find one in OZ which he was going to carry home in his carry on bag....Dave laughed so hard later on because TSA gave him a very hard time since they thought it was a "grinder" and finally let him take it home....
I remember how tickled pleased Dave was a few years back when he hooked up on Skype with a video cam, we had many fabulous conversations afterwards...Dave was a "Kookabura Whisperer" extraordinaire and loved his feathered friends...So many fond memories...

I can honestly say I am indeed a better signmaker from knowing Dave and Liddy Drane....RIP brother Dave....

sar bossier

Heartbreaking news - I never had the privilege of meeting him in person, either. God bless his family & friends in their time of loss. RIP, man - keep on a ridin that Harley in the sky ...

njsigns

Although I never met Dave in person, after reading his posts here and elsewhere for the past 7 years, I certainly felt like I knew him. RIP Dave, you were one of the good guys - you'll be missed...

Gene

Mike F

Didn't know him personally, but from what I can tell he was well-liked. My condolences to his family and everyone else whose life he touched.

Bannerday

Shocking, sad news. Didn't know him personally, but always enjoyed his posts. He knew his stuff.

My condolences to his family and his many personal friends here at Signs 101.

Stealth Ryder

This is so sad to hear, Dave was a very good man... I had the honor of meeting Dave 2 years ago in Orlando at the Signs101 Meet-N-Greet and was very impressed with him. We tried to get together last year in Vegas and schedules just did not allow it, I am very sorry now for that... Dave, you will be remembered Sir...