• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Day Night Vinyl

John in Cali

I have been looking for day night vinyl that is blue. I am wondering if I print on perforated window film if it would have the same effect? I need to show the push thru letters in the photo as blue during the day, and white at night, for obvious visibility issues.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• NIGHINSPECTIONS006.jpg
    NIGHINSPECTIONS006.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 391

J Hill Designs

looks like its avail in custom colors, but thats probably not feasible...I cant see why printed perf wouldnt give this effect, but would definitely try it out before selling...

John in Cali

Yes, Tim, that is what I had in mind, but it appears to only be available in white or black. The letters must appear blue during the day.

J Hill Designs

that would make it black in day and blue at night...he needs blue day, white night. I personally would test the perf option, as custom day/night colors probably require large runs...they also make a white faced day/night, that may or may not be printable, but I do know it can be screen printed

John in Cali

Thank you for the replies.

Wish I had other alternatives, but the blue looks murky against the dark background, as seen in the photo.

I think I will order a small amount of the perforated window film, print it Chevron Blue and hope for the best.

Mosh

then it would be white in the day and milky blue at night mosh

but the blue looks murky against the dark background

aahh??? Murky...Milky...?

So they are blue in the day and blue at night? I am lost here....
they look blue at night to me...

sfr table hockey

What he wants is the lettering to show white at night to see easier (like the one area on the sign) and the blue in the day. Thus if they used printed perf for the blue lettering, in the day, you would not notice the holes and see the blue but at night when the light shines through the holes the lettering would look white. They would have to block out all light around the lettering but quite a good idea to try.

John in Cali

Haha, sorry for the confusion Mosh. Let me clarify for you...

Currently the letters have blue translucent vinyl mounted to the back of the clear acrylic push thru letters. Looks great during the day, but at night the illuminated blue becomes difficult to read against the non-illuminated background.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 225

S'N'S

Bit off topic, is that $2.12 a liter for unleaded fuel or a US gallon on that sign?
We are paying US $1.38 a liter about US $5.25 a US gallon.:omg:

John in Cali

S'N'S'...yea, that rendering was done a few years ago. Check the first picture for prices a few weeks ago. Prices are around .15 less now.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Static vs. EMC

Haha, sorry for the confusion Mosh. Let me clarify for you...

Currently the letters have blue translucent vinyl mounted to the back of the clear acrylic push thru letters. Looks great during the day, but at night the illuminated blue becomes difficult to read against the non-illuminated background.

Just to throw fuel on the fire, since prices are on the proverbial roller coaster, what about an Electronic Message Center. That way you have your cake and eat it too. Alas, I am sure the AUTHORITIES (aka sign police) have a different take...:peace!:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yes, Tim, that is what I had in mind, but it appears to only be available in white or black. The letters must appear blue during the day.

Correct...Day/Night vinyl comes in black or white. You can digitally print the blue on the white which will give you the effect you're looking for.