• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daylight Savings Time

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're on daylight savings time, don't forget to set your clocks back this Saturday night/Sunday morning.

rjssigns

DST, what a stupid idea. In my neck of the woods kids will be in school after it gets light. Never understood how that is supposed to be "safer".

TXFB.INS

funny how several states are able to operate without DTS and yet the rest of us are unable to realize the unimportant of said time change.

Jwalk

Yeah don't have to much opinion on this.. But I hate how they say "what are going to do with your extra hour" how the good damn f@#k are we getting an extra hour. What is the day now 25 hrs, stupid media.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't bother me one way or another...... I just get a kick out of the people who make it feel like jetlag from a redeye. :Big Laugh

TimToad

DST, what a stupid idea. In my neck of the woods kids will be in school after it gets light. Never understood how that is supposed to be "safer".

It was primarily invented to best take advantage of the day's natural light while saving candle wax, oil in lamps, firewood, etc.

Then I guess farmers thought they'd get more done if they somehow tricked themselves into thinking the days were longer, because the days aren't really any longer than without it.

SignosaurusRex

At this point in my life, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I have not used an alarm clock in almost 20 years and it doesn't much matter if I wake at 4:am, 3:am or even 2am ....I still get the same amount of work and play accomplished. Pretty much every instrument with a clock device now days is Automatic reset anyways.