• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DAzed & Confused

I have a Mutoh falcon jr. The problem is I have to push the head over to the right to lift the lever. I checked the home position and it comes back with 74.224 but, I can't seem to get it move using the permeter home update set at 74. I'm I missing something.

Bradster941

Did you by any chance remove the head cover?

If you have it removed, then put it back on.

Otherwise, remove the right side cover, (3 screws), and you will see the locking mechanism when the head travels to its parked position. Should be pretty easy to adjust.

Yes, Got the cover back on but the head won't go back to the home position. I thought you could move it in the permeters?

I got it in the home postion, but I getting spray around the heads during the cleaning cycle. I thought I could adjust the home position over the capping station a little more to stop it. Unless something else is causing this.

randya

The most critical item is that the head seals against the cap.

Some overspray is normal.
Maybe a pic?

Attached is a picture of the problem I trying to solve. It's a small puddle of ink dumped just after the cleaning pad. Do you have any idea's what causing this. Is there a way to manualy move the head, so it would line up with the capping station?

Attachments

• SAM_0235.jpg
    SAM_0235.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79

randya

When was the spit pad last replaced?

You probably need to look and see what is happening.
And see if it is spray on the platen or bouncing off the spit pad.

I just replace the spit pad a couple of weeks ago. The ink seems to be dropped there during the printing and not the cleaning.

AUTO-FX

Mine did that regularly, but it was just a bit of mist, no real spitting happening. I assumed it was normal. It did spit, however, if I had any buildup around the perimeter of the black head.
Is it misting onto your prints everytime out ? or is it intermittent?

dj_elite

Mine had the same problem. Just cleaned it everyday. As for the head not letting you lift the lever. Again mine did this. There was a little rubber piece that was "glued" to the head cover that had fallen off. Make sure yours is still on. Its only like 1/4" thick. I just found something similar and glued it back on

chorca

I know this is kind of an old thread, but there is a calibration function in the menu that allows you to set the edges of the spit cup for the head. I'll find it and edit this.