• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dba question

DizzyMarkus

Evening folks,
We are getting ready to make a move to a better building and a little more close to downtown :0)--- My question is do I have to modify or file for a new DBA with the correct address? How about the tax man-- I will notify of the move-- rest should be on them correct?

thanks for any help given,
Mark

Kottwitz-Graphics

I don't think there is a big deal as far as changing the address. For the most part, DBA is set up by the bank, let so that it links your social security number to the account...

A quick Google search "In the U.S., a DBA lets the public know who the real owner of a business is. The DBA is also called a Fictitious Business Name or Assumed Business Name. It got its origins as a form of consumer protection, so dishonest business owners can’t try to avoid legal trouble by operating under a different name. "

Just change it at the bank, and make sure that you notify the post office, and eventually everyone that sends you mail, and you will be fine.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Just make sure you're closer to Garafalo's. Everything else will work itself out. :)

DizzyMarkus

DBA--- Doing Business As

I got that lol-- I just remember when I filed a few years ago, I needed to have a "business address" to file it. Our accountant will deal with the rest, I just wanted to be one step ahead. Thanks for the info,
Markus

binki

DBA is generally governed by the county. If you are moving counties then you probably need to move it.

DizzyMarkus

Lol I live 2 blocks from Graphs so were good hehe

Thanks for the answers, someone asked me and got me to thinking

Thanks again,
Mark