• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC-DC4sx unsupported materials used

stylin

Looking at either the Gerber FX (more material choices and compact) or DC4sx (larger material and smaller pricetag). Worked with Edges for 7 years at other sign shops and I've just beat the them to death with everything I've printed. I like the Edge because of the variety of vinyl I'm able to use (approved and unapproved materials). Didn't matter what I used, everything worked great. What kind of materials for the DC4-DC4sx, especially colored and metallics is everyone else using that works fine. This is the biggest reason I'm leaning more to the Gerber.

Thanks
AC

PGSigns

I think I may be the only one on here with a DC4SX. I have printed on several of the rtape specialty materials. White, yellow, red, orange, and light blue Oracal 651 so far and still trying others. The only color I have found so far that the machine does not like is black. Its overall capabilities go way past where the edge can go with size and materials.
Jimmy

Billct2

I've just installed a DC4.
I've had an Edge for 10years.
One issue I've already had is the DC won't work with red, or
so I've been told by the sales guy and Summa. I haven't actually tried it.
But it was explained that it's a problem with the light sensor in the machine that is a red light. It can't "read" red material.

Todd Jelle

I'm about ready to get a DC4. I used a DC1 several years ago.
I remeber it worked well...when it worked.
I remember problems with head alignment & replacing parts by mail when it was broke. Summa was very prompt at getting parts out but ...ouch,$$$, & down time swaping out parts, again & again until it was working again.

I know they have newer features but are the newer models better, less down time?
Do they stll have alignment problems where the head passes don't line up sometimes? etc...
can they be trusted to print vinyl while I'm sleeping?
Other problems??

I don't want to go inkjet. I want prints ready to install & I just want to make sure these machines have better reliability than they did 5-6 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
Please let me know.

PGSigns

I have had my DC4SX for 4 months now and it has done good so far. The thing is built like a tank. Contour cut over long runs does real good. I had some problems with the pass alignment and they showed me how to run it in service mode and make the adjustments. Overall I have been happy with it. The Summa support team is very good.
Jimmy