• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC3 printing issue

yamaha581

We have a DC3 plus and for some reason we are having troubles with the black printing. We have all of the other colors printing perfect but the black is leaving lines all over the print for some reason. We have been on the phone with Summa multiple times and have tried to figure out what the problem is but we have not had any luck yet. I attached a picture of what I am talking about. Would anyone know what is causing this?

View attachment 100807

kanaelder

it looks like the density for the black is too high, if you hit shift and alt while opening printer control there an option in system config that lets you adjust the different colors

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Yamaha,

I would suggest you try exactly what the previous poster suggested. When you hold down the shift key while launching printer control an additional "system configuration" menu will appear on the left hand side of the screen. Click on that button and it will open a variety of system settings for the printer, including individual density values for each color. I would check the black ribbon density to make sure that value isn't higher than the rest of the colors. If the black value is set to 0 then I would suggest reducing that value by 300-500 points, which will reduce the amount of heat and pressure the print head uses to transfer that color. If that doesn't fix the issue, then it may be tension or material related.

Hopefully this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact Summa technical support at (800)323-9766 if you would like additional assistance troubleshooting this issue.

Regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.