• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4 not recognizing Optitrac marks

meltsner

I've been having problems with several recent jobs. Yesterday it printed a 40" job (on 54" vinyl), and on the very last band it decided it couldn't read the cyan Optitrac marks. 40" of vinyl and ribbon wasted. :noway:

I am using Summa's clear vinyl, and used to use white ribbon as the Optritrac color (as that was the main print color, to save ribbon and time). When it messed up once in a while, I switched back to cyan instead. The marks seem to be perfectly fine, and I can't find ANY option in the Summa options/control panel.

Any suggestions? Somewhat disappointed with Summa recently.

StickerDude

I find I have the same problem using anything other than black as the optitrac colour.

Switch to black and this should solve your problem. I think there is also a setting to let the machine know if your printing on clear material.

I prefer to wast a little bit of foil than meters of media ;)

meltsner

Thanks a bunch, I'm going to switch 'er over to black and see how it works!! I have been using different profiles (clear for clear vinyl, white for white vinyl, etc.). I can't recall having any issues with the white vinyl so far.