• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4 quality

Deere

We have a DC4 and a Roland SP540V. I am trying to get the Suma to print more vibrant like the Roland. The top picture is from the Roland and the bottom from the Suma. The Suma seems to be more grainy?Any suggestions of how to get the Suma printing better? Any help would be great.

Attachments

• CIMG0442.JPG
    CIMG0442.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 132

ThinkRight

We have a DC4 and a Roland SP540V. I am trying to get the Suma to print more vibrant like the Roland. The top picture is from the Roland and the bottom from the Suma. The Suma seems to be more grainy?Any suggestions of how to get the Suma printing better? Any help would be great.

I am a very green newbie but...
The Summa will only print 300 dpi.
Which is fine for anything to be viewed more than 3-4 feet away.
Make sure in your file you have the highest resolution available.
If you are printing jpegs , that will be very grainy, a real photo file prints cleaner.
Not sure if I am making sense , if anyone else that is a real signmaker could chime in I would really appreciate it .
David

Deere

Yes it is 300 dpi,I us Corel. It looks great on my Roland, but need some help on my Summa. Any other suggestions?

woolly

two different printing technologies they will not look the same the thermal will always look harsh and grainy imo on that sort of image
but horses for courses the thermal will be far better on some jobs having both is a bonus work them to there strengths.

garisimo

If you aren't, be sure to use the double dot setting for the halftone setting in ColorControl... It has increased the quality of our prints.

-g-

Jim Doggett

Yes it is 300 dpi,I us Corel. It looks great on my Roland, but need some help on my Summa. Any other suggestions?

Yes: use a double-dot screen pattern and 35 lpi, instead of the default ellipse and 50 lpi, in your ColorControl RIP settings.

moto1

I dont think changing the lpi will affect the brightness of the colour. Personally I think you need to look at the colour breakdown of each part of the image your trying to print. When it comes to screens/halftones I generally use 80lpi. Though this is not ideal on large halftone areas (over 15x15cm).