• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dc4

Deere

My Summa DC4 has been giving me lots of problems. Main problem now is it will not recognize the 24" media. Put in 30" and everything is good. Any suggestions?

ThinkRight

My Summa DC4 has been giving me lots of problems. Main problem now is it will not recognize the 24" media. Put in 30" and everything is good. Any suggestions?

Same here as decal dude,P/M me about the printer.
I have 100 or so questions.
I need to move one, what do I need to do ?

dclet

I need to move one, what do I need to do ?

nothing...just strap it down good so it doesn't tip over....do not strap over the top though.
the whole top half sits or "floats" on rubber mounts.

as for not recognizing media either something is blocking the sensor or the sensor is bad...

DG

Been using summa machines since the Summa Chrome...ask away.

moto1

the sensor is in the print head unit. Once the media is loaded the sensor tracks across the media until it finds the end. Then you must adjust the clamp rollers. If the media is smaller than the minimum clamp roller width then I dont think the machine will accept it.