• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4SX Error- what does it mean?!

MikeD

RASTER ERROR:
UNEXPECTED END
OF BAND
[CONTINUE]

Any idea what this means? It started today after printing several copies of a job we have printed many times in the past. At this point, we can not print.

3Color + 1 Spot (Mirror Silver.)

Thanks for the advice!

J Hill Designs

When this issue occurs (Rastor Error: Unexpected End of Band), it is normally due to file errors such as improper canceling of previous jobs or Data Flow interruption. Any time you start a print and realize that it is not acceptable, you need to reboot the printer. The reason for this is, there is still information stored on the printer, when you try to send additional info, it causes a bit of a “traffic jam.” Also it is recommended to make sure that the computer is finished sending the job when you reboot, otherwise you will incur more errors.

The only other thing that it should be is that you may have your Power Save options on your computer on. I would recommend that you turn off your Screen Saver, also if you have Windows, on the screensaver tab of the “Display Properties” window, there is an Energy Star logo and with a power button, click on that and in the power schemes tab it will give you options for “turn of monitor,” “turn off hard disk,” and “system stand by.” Please change those options to “never.” The reason for this, is that if one of these settings becomes activated, the data flow stops and this error occurs. This should resolve your rastor error issues.

MikeD

jHill nailed it! I had noticed some issues with the Magenta foil wrinkling and "reset" the printer in order to make adjustments. I am going to make the windows adjustments and re-boot everything. Hopefully that cures it.
I am printing out of Illustrator CS4.

Thanks very much for the help!!!!!!