• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dc4sx media registration

808tlt

having trouble with my dc4sx sensing media. just put in a new roll of media went to run calibration and it shifts the media left and right and usually starts to print with the media crinkled against the hold down. messing up the left edge of the media and binding the carriage when it passes over. tried cleaning the sensor but no luck. any ideas tech support is closed when i get to my machine so they are out of the question. tried email and I Get a call tech support. sending the machine in is out of the question as it is in HAWAII.

808tlt

bueller bueller bueller no body has any suggestions? another boat anchor then. and i don't even own a boat.

What type of media are you trying to print on? Is it white, color, clear? If it's having trouble sensing the edge of the media you can try installing a piece of vinyl directly on the platen (see pic, but actually stick it to the platen, I just placed it under the edge with backing to give you an idea) that contrasts with the color you're running and see if the sensor will read it. If it's just white then other than cleaning the sensor I'm out of ideas..

Attachments

• IMG_20160603_082241.jpg
    IMG_20160603_082241.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 134

808tlt

it's white 3m.when i turn the machine on and the carriage makes it's pass to find the edge of the material it doesn't sense it. iv used the same media for the last 4 years.

808tlt

I'm beginning to think it's the media sensor that went bad. i put in new material and it doesn't register the media. then when i go to run calibrate media it searches for the edge and deos not recognize the edge of thw media. and the few times it does when it makes passes it will kick out registration mark not sensed. Has anybody had this problem?