• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dead JV3 160s

diarmuidrobson

Hi Guys,

Flushed and soaked my heads last night as the light cyan was getting pretty bad. When i put everything back together and powered up and did a test print the cyan was worse than before. missing around 4 rows of nozzles, then after a ran a print i got a error 07 -----*

When powered down and up it would print fine until it was back in the capping station and would throw up this error again, it did this 3 or 4 times.

So i thought a new head is needed. but this morning when i tried to power the printer up it would not. the green power button lights up but no display and nothing else happens.

I had to pull the heads again and flush and soak but i think they could have been sitting all night without a cycle...

When i inspected the ends of the ribbon cable i could see some of the metal pins have folded up onto themselfs and maybe even touching the one next to it.

Have new ribbons ordered but i suspect other damage has been done.

Question i have is if heads removed and ribbons removed from slider board would the printer still not power up or would it power up and throw an error.

diarmuidrobson

A friend did a little bit of testing on the printer today and found the the power supply unit is receiving 240v in but not outputting anything to the mainboard.

We are nearly sure the PSU is fine but seems like theres a external safety switch stopping power being applied to the mainboard.

The PCB Assy. Board has a red flashing light, from what i remember this was or should be a solid green.

Is this flashing red an alarm message or something?.

Is there a possibly a safeguard within the mimaki when say an 07 error occurs a certain number of times it cuts power to save itself from frying itself.

Any chance anybody has a Main Board Schematics for the 160s

nospa21

Dead jv3 160

Hi there,
any news on your problem mate?
hope everything fine now?
please let us know.
thanks

diarmuidrobson

Hi, we sent the mainboard off to kent at macmedia and he tested and repaired a faulty mainboard.

it would appear that a head 07 error caused this, kent was saying the head was on its way out and when i powered the printer off to go home, during the night she must have powered up to prime the heads and shorted out the mainboard.

So if u ever get the head 07 error best to act as soon as.

New heads fitted and working again.