• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dead jv33

eyecandy

This all happened because i pressed the power button during printing? Geeess! Hugh mistake! over $5000.00 mistake!

I usually press the remote button when I want it to stop. Don't know what I was thinking!

eyecandy

Thanks Artbot. Sounds like some good info. I will teel the tech about the proxy head and look for a dx5 head online.

eyecandy

Ok back and question is.... Dx5 head is made by Epson? and is used by mimaki, mutoh and roland? It is the same head as what I have?

Robert M

DX 5 heads

Yes it is the DX5 head, which is kind of a generic name because Epson has a whole list of DX5 heads with different part numbers. What makes the Mimaki and Mutoh one different is that you need to make sure that you get a solvent resistant one. Bad heads will blow fuses on boards but it shouldn't smoke it.

I have them at www.solventinkjet.com
or call 800-328-1306
$695.00 each

eyecandy

When you say blow fuses....Cant fuses be replaced? I'm no computer tech. I just can't see how the WHOLE mainboard is trashed. There is alot of stuff on there that i'm sure is still good. I see no burns nor messed up stuff on the board.

eyecandy

Thanks Robert. I may be buying a head from you. And by the way..I saw the smoke! I just did not get over there fast enough to see where it was coming from. The tech was the one that turned the power on.

Rooster

When you say blow fuses....Cant fuses be replaced? I'm no computer tech. I just can't see how the WHOLE mainboard is trashed. There is alot of stuff on there that i'm sure is still good. I see no burns nor messed up stuff on the board.

The fuzes on main boards tend to be hard wired into the board. A profitable way to turn a 50¢ mistake into a $5000 problem.

There's companies out there that will remove the burned fuze(s) and solder in new ones to your old board. That's what artbot is referring to.

PaintBallMan

Incredible.!!!

I saw your post send the manuals and still thinking in the problem.
But Yesterday my printer appeared error 200 "Head Memory". So I openned to see if any cable was disconnected, all OK. I made a complete search in the Power Supply and nothing. Ok.
I tried Boot the Printer in Maintenance State, Pressing: REMOTE+FUNCTION and main power ON, But the printer turn off the lcd,keyboard, only the green light blinking. Shit. Same problem than You eyecandy.
Nothing work, no one fan, So I made a test to check if is the power supply or the MainBoard, unppluged the colored cable of energy in the MB. And Tried turn On, so the power supply fan start work. So The Problem is MainBoard. Shit.
Anyway, if somebody have the electrical schematic of MB or have some clue of the fuse position and values, Plz Give a Help.

Thanks.

eyecandy

Robert, My Tech wants to know what kind of problems will he have putting one of your heads in? Will I get a error message on the screen? What will I have to download? Does the product numbers match the original mimaki print head? Is there more or less numbers on it? Does it have a heater? He Strongly advises me to get the Mimaki head...Why so different?

A lot of questions ~ sorry but I don't want this to get any worse!

eyecandy

So the green light is blinking? Mine does not even blink. It just stays on when main power is turned on. What does your do when you turn the main power off and then after 10 minute, turn it back on? Does anything happen? The only thing mine does it turn the green button light on..no blink..just on.

I've been told this. That when I turned off the printer, right before the printing started, It was sending Big info to the printhead through the slider board. The print head had a brain-fart and went crazy which made it pull more power from the mainboard than needs. This made an extra pull of power that went through my mainboard from the power supply and killed my mainbaord and probably the sliderboard as well. SO printhead, slider and mainboard needs replaced in the amount of $4866.00

All this because of me turning off my printer in the middle of a print

artbot

those boards have fuses on them that protect the board itself. i'll bet both slider and board (if damaged) can be repaired for a few hundred dollars.

i had my cnc control box recently go out due to a small fire in my shop. called the dealer, repair cost $1800! gack! i start fussing around with the control box, replaced four capacitors ($1.29 each), recalibrated the x/y old school with a measuring tape. and bam. i am cutting today. and to think that just a day ago, i was contemplating getting a new factory control board.

eyecandy

After selling all my kid's toys and my wifes goodies(mine too), I paid the tech what he asked for and got my jv33 fixed. I'M BACKKKK! printing like a wild man. Working great so far(FINGERS CROSSED)! Cost me a total to get fixed....$5478. That is not including the jobs missed out on or the time I have spent pulling my hair out. Thanks Guys for all yalls help and for listening to me VENT!

~ Chris