• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deals, shop table

Keith Rae

Deals! We all love to find them and get a little jealous when someone tells you of one they’ve just found. I’m addicted! To auction sales that is, and at times it’s probably as expensive as other addictions but it’s not illegal. The reason for this tread started back a month ago when some one asked about shop work tables (buy, make your own, height, size, movable or stationary.) you can search the thread for all the points of views.
Back to deals. I was checking out the weekly offerings with my cousin when he asked me about this item. It was a drafting digitizer table and stand. I told him they were very expensive when they were new but a dinosaur now. I’d seem it in there before and it didn’t sell, but him asking me about it forced me to take a second closer look at it. Having read the discussion on shop tables I could envision resurrecting this obsolete dinosaur as a shop table. And yes I bought the dam thing and carried it home.
It has a tabletop size of 60” wide by 54” deep. There’s a lock lever so the tabletop can be locked at any angle from horizontal to vertical it has a single pedestal bass on casters that has an electric worm drive so by pressing the toe switch I can adjust the height to what’s needed or comfortable. When the tabletop is laying flat it’s adjusts from 32” to 52” high.
Thanks to that forum thread I have an adjustable shop table, without Signs101 I probably wouldn’t have recognized its full recyclable value.
There is a lot good reusable items that can be adapted for use. Your local school districts, government offices and government ministries are disposing of good item all the time, find out where they sell them off through.
I also picked up an high drafting chair with the adjustable ram to go with my work table for $5.00 I only bought it 6 months before I had the table to use it at. But what the heck, it was just to good of a deal to pass up. I knew I‘d eventually need it.
What good deals have you found, and item you’ve revived and saved from the landfill?

Attachments

• Deals2.jpg
    Deals2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Deals1.jpg
    Deals1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 126