• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dear Mutoh

SlightlyChilled

Dear Mutoh I would like to say thanks for still not sending me a replacement for my "New" capping station. I now need a new one hope this one comes with the wire that they claim was not a fix for the new ink swelling the pads....

I just can hope my new ink carts"THAT I JUST BOUGHT AND ARE NOW EMPTY" will not dump this time in to my wast tank.

:Oops:

Sorry had to vent

SlightlyChilled

I am sooooo bad now I need 3 carts and I just bought them...The clean up was pain....

Just a FYI 3 carts that are full will fill your wast tank and have it over flow on a falcon out door

randya

Dear Mutoh I would like to say thanks for still not sending me a replacement for my "New" capping station. I now need a new one hope this one comes with the wire that they claim was not a fix for the new ink swelling the pads....

I just can hope my new ink carts"THAT I JUST BOUGHT AND ARE NOW EMPTY" will not dump this time in to my wast tank.

:Oops:

Sorry had to vent

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about, I dont think I was supposed to send you a capping station, have you contacted Mutoh Service?

SlightlyChilled

Hay Randya

I had my supplier do my talking and was told that Mutoh would not talk to me..Then I was told Mutoh could not replicate the swelling on the pads...There are many threads about this here. But out of no where there are now wires over the capping station :frustrated:.......

I was lucky till I had to replace my ink.....Now I have a mess and 3 empty carts...Hell if you can help me out that would rock if not life goes on. To drop 300.00 on something that has a fix baaaaaa.....

ionsigns

Yeah, had that BIG OH Sh * t day when the swelled ink pads drained the carts to the floor.
$400 in new carts PLUS a $200 capping station.

randya

Hay Randya

I had my supplier do my talking and was told that Mutoh would not talk to me..Then I was told Mutoh could not replicate the swelling on the pads...There are many threads about this here. But out of no where there are now wires over the capping station :frustrated:.......

I was lucky till I had to replace my ink.....Now I have a mess and 3 empty carts...Hell if you can help me out that would rock if not life goes on. To drop 300.00 on something that has a fix baaaaaa.....

It is true that we have not been able to replicate the swelling of the pads.
But because of all the reports, we have modified the caps with screens to try and address those reports.

If you will PM me your contact info and printer serial# I will check out your situation.

SlightlyChilled

It is true that we have not been able to replicate the swelling of the pads.
But because of all the reports, we have modified the caps with screens to try and address those reports.

If you will PM me your contact info and printer serial# I will check out your
situation.

I thank you for your time =)
It ill have to be when I get home I'm on the road all day

SlightlyChilled

I here the prices just went up on them like 4 bucks hell I might look into getting 440 and make a holder for them.... OOO what a mess that would make :wink:

SlightlyChilled

Got puff

here is a puff

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 114

randya

Hay Randya

I had my supplier do my talking and was told that Mutoh would not talk to me..

The dealers are the first line of contact for all customers, you should only contact Mutoh direct if you are not getting satisfaction from your dealer or are having issues with your dealer. (our dealer network is larger than our inhouse support, obviously)

I tried to look up your records, and there appears to be none.
There are usually only two reasons for Mutoh to deny calls, one is abuse to our techs the other is an unregistered printer.

Your printer does not appear to be registered.
You can do so here:
http://www.mutoh.com/warranty.html

This will also give you a password for the Mutoh Business Builder and allow you to watch Carwrap design and application videos from Todd Labrie and Justin Pate, see FAQ's and other car wrap related subjects ALL FREE to registered Mutoh users.

For those who have already registered and would like access to the Mutoh Business Builder Carwraps section can get a password here:
http://mutohcarwraps.com/password.html

jiarby

I would like to say thanks for still not sending me a replacement for my "New" capping station.

If Randy says they never heard of you then who did you think was sending you a new capping station??

Did you call a dealer and THEY dropped the ball?? If so... call them out!

iSign

If Randy says they never heard of you then who did you think was sending you a new capping station??

Did you call a dealer and THEY dropped the ball?? If so... call them out!

if Mutoh stuff goes south, and says "talk to joe middle man" for support of your $20k Mutoh... and the support worked as poorly as we're hearing... that's a Mutoh calling out moment IMO...

sure, after the fact we read the thread & can say "go register" an contact Mutoh direct... but a dealer dropping the ball still makes Mutoh look bad if "Chilled" can't get to Mutoh, and nobody (had) seemed to help him.. Mutoh should call them in to properly represent... ain't chilled's problem to correct the front line peon.. I'd send my grievance straight to the top too...

jiarby

He says:
I would like to say thanks for still not sending me a replacement for my "New" capping station

This makes it sound like He has made contact with Mutoh but they dropped the ball and have failed to send his part. Randy says the printer was never registered and they have nothing in the works. So, it sounds like he already has made contact with SOMEONE, but Randy says it wasn't them. There is someone else involved in this transaction that we have not heard about yet.

Is it Mutoh's fault that someone else is dragging their heels sending replacement parts?

I am not meaning to debate who is responsible for the puffing caps, just that I think it is wrong to say that General Motors is bad because I haven't got my replacement brake pads from Checker Auto Parts.

I may be wrong.. maybe the dealer did order the part from Mutoh and there is some delay, but it sounds wonky based on just the info we have right now.

Last edited:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I just came across this thread. We were the dealer that SlightlyChilled ordered the maintenance station from. I would also like to say that we didn't drop the ball. I had personally been dealing with this issue with Mutoh for about three weeks last June into July. Mutoh could never recreate the problem in house and because of this decided not to replace the station.

randya

if Mutoh stuff goes south, and says "talk to joe middle man" for support of your $20k Mutoh... and the support worked as poorly as we're hearing... that's a Mutoh calling out moment IMO...

sure, after the fact we read the thread & can say "go register" an contact Mutoh direct... but a dealer dropping the ball still makes Mutoh look bad if "Chilled" can't get to Mutoh, and nobody (had) seemed to help him.. Mutoh should call them in to properly represent... ain't chilled's problem to correct the front line peon.. I'd send my grievance straight to the top too...

It does't mean that the dealer dropped the ball, and it doesnt appear that the dealer did.

I did get a message from the dealer, and that message was that Mutoh would not replace this for free. So that would have been what Mutoh 'wouldn't talk to the customer about', that seems like a valid and correct response from the dealer. This is a dealer who has a great reputation and my respect. They are just trying like we are to help those who they can in the best way they can.

This looks to be an older printer, perhaps out of warranty for years, so this would not normally be covered for free.

Many of our dealers stock there own parts (that they get from us) and do their own service. So they could deal with Chilled without it being entered into our records.

This appears to be one of our capping stations, and we have been modifying them to respond to the swelling cap reports.
Swelling caps are normal after a time period and the caps/capping station is considered a consumable item.
There have been reports of swelling in days or weeks which is not normal.
We have been unable to reproduce this inhouse using the same inks sets and the Mutoh cleaning solution that is recommended.
We have had some outside tests run with the same results.
The outside tests did test a variety of other cleaning solutions and show that water can cause swelling of this material.
So we cannot find a systemic issue that would warrant coverage under warranty, though we are still trying to help those affected where we can, as are our dealers.

I did send Chilled some pieces for testing to try and help out.

jiarby

ok.. sry I mucked it up!
<sulking away>

I knew there was more to the story though!

Why did the OP put three new carts in there when he knew he had a swollen cap? Sounds like he was working on the cap replacement for a while now.

Last edited: