• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decal material for pallet racking

SignEx

x120004-29b3cb4339d6337eef18052f431dd82e.jpg,q1558152937.pagespeed.ic.WCmFP-7ZAG.jpg
We have a customer who wants to apply decals to their new pallet racking system, decals are approx 3.5 x 18 inches in length, They have 2 areas on racking they want to apply decal, smooth 4 inch horizontal beam and also the upright beam which has holes/slots in it, their first thought was to apply a magnetic decal to the beam with holes/slots. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion on a fairly thick adhesive vinyl that might
work on the upright one with holes/slots. I thought maybe a 6 or 8 mil type vinyl might work, any input would be appreciated, thanks

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Am I right? Are these barcode location labels for a warehouse system?
One of our largest clients has 2 zebra printers to print location labels as part of the system
So "picking guns" can scan locations when an item is put away & when it is picked.
Large labels are needed so a lorax scanner can scan high locations from the ground

If this is what they are doing, you print thermal transfer labels from a zebra, intermec or a wasp printer on polypropylene labels

If his is the application, and scanning with a wireless handheld is the objective, printing on a magnet will not prove acceptable long term

SignEx

Netsol, these would be scanned , Why would you think the magnet would not work long term? thanks mark

ikarasu

Barcode magnets are what you want.

If you just plaster stickers on these racks... removable or not, they'll leave a ton of residue and other shreds behind, and your racks will look like garbage after a few changes.

We always cut magnets in something like 2x6, print onto vinyl and apply them and put them on. Then when we moved inventory around it's as simple as moving the magnet.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
signex
sorry, i am jumpingahead . our clients hve a Very busy warehouse and need to print location labels in real time. (more products than location slots) they change slotting locations based on inventory quantities

this will work out just fine printing on magnets

Christian @ 2CT Media

signex
sorry, i am jumpingahead . our clients hve a Very busy warehouse and need to print location labels in real time. (more products than location slots) they change slotting locations based on inventory quantities

this will work out just fine printing on magnets
Now that makes sense! In that case I would make magnets with XBase clear. Then they can use any label over the top and it will be easily removable.