Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decal material for pallet racking

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by SignEx, May 18, 2019.

1. SignEx

SignEx Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Monett, MO
    [​IMG] We have a customer who wants to apply decals to their new pallet racking system, decals are approx 3.5 x 18 inches in length, They have 2 areas on racking they want to apply decal, smooth 4 inch horizontal beam and also the upright beam which has holes/slots in it, their first thought was to apply a magnetic decal to the beam with holes/slots. I was wondering if anyone would have a suggestion on a fairly thick adhesive vinyl that might
    work on the upright one with holes/slots. I thought maybe a 6 or 8 mil type vinyl might work, any input would be appreciated, thanks

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Use Magnets it works just as well and is repositionable

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    Am I right? Are these barcode location labels for a warehouse system?
    One of our largest clients has 2 zebra printers to print location labels as part of the system
    So "picking guns" can scan locations when an item is put away & when it is picked.
    Large labels are needed so a lorax scanner can scan high locations from the ground

If this is what they are doing, you print thermal transfer labels from a zebra, intermec or a wasp printer on polypropylene labels

If his is the application, and scanning with a wireless handheld is the objective, printing on a magnet will not prove acceptable long term

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SignEx

SignEx Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Monett, MO
    Netsol, these would be scanned , Why would you think the magnet would not work long term? thanks mark

5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I don't understand that either we have barcode magnets on our racks.

6. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Barcode magnets are what you want.

If you just plaster stickers on these racks... removable or not, they'll leave a ton of residue and other shreds behind, and your racks will look like garbage after a few changes.

We always cut magnets in something like 2x6, print onto vinyl and apply them and put them on. Then when we moved inventory around it's as simple as moving the magnet.

7. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    signex
    sorry, i am jumpingahead . our clients hve a Very busy warehouse and need to print location labels in real time. (more products than location slots) they change slotting locations based on inventory quantities

this will work out just fine printing on magnets

8. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Now that makes sense! In that case I would make magnets with XBase clear. Then they can use any label over the top and it will be easily removable.