• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decal print & cut workflow W/Graphtec Cutting Master2

electricfly

We Just got a Graphtec FC8000-60 to cut decals. I'm having trouble with the layout and registration.
I have seen youtube videos of ganged files with regmarks only in the corners. I have Illustrator CS6 and Cutting Master 2 and print with Onyx10. Looking for suggestions.

particleman

You may need to be a bit more specific with the issue you are having. You can also use the built in onyx cut feature which works somewhat decent.

Bill Modzel

Set your registration marks in Illy using CuttingMaster. just make sure that once there set, there is enough space between the marks and the edge of your vinyl for the clamp wheels to ride outside the marks.
Save your file and relatively center the print on your vinyl. Do your lamination if needed.
Now, it is essential to get your stock square in the plotter. I found the the most accurate way to do this is to stick a thumbnail on both front marks and line them up with the groove in plotter bed. It sounds a bit awkward but I run full 50 yard rolls of printed sheets without ever have to re-register them.
Let the graphtec load the stock as usual than manually align the blade inside the corner of the mark closest to the blade using the arrow keys.
Open your file in Illy again with only your cut layer visible. Send the print under the "Advanced" tab in Cutting Master. The plotter will ask you if the cutting head is within the first registration mark. Hit OK and the Graphtec read all four corners and than cut your cut layer.
Other than the print this whole process is independent of Onyx.

droider4life

Just bought a used FC8000-60 and cant get illustrator to talk to it

Sorry to bump an old thread and even hijack one, however as my title says, I am having issues sending to the FC8000-60 plotter from Illustrator. Im trying to send to it from CS5.1 Illy. I have Cutting master 2 1.94 installed as well as Cutting master 3. Can anyone give me some direction on how to get this to work? I was able to send to it from Cutting master2, thrugh illy last week, however it took literally 8-10 minutes after i hit the send button before anything happened. I installed Cutting master 3 (to see if it would help) and now I cant get either program to send. I have checked the communication and My PC is able to speak to the plotter. I sent a test print like I would to a normal printer and started Immediately. I am running windows 7 64bit. Thanks in advance for any replies...