• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decals on sliding windows

GP

Do you put decals (751, printed vinyl, or perf) on the rear, roll-down windows of the Tundra? How long can you expect premium materials to last when the window is used on a not-so-regular basis?

GP

zigns62

you can use edge tape to keep the edges down on the print material to keep it from rolling up and getting damaged

..and don't trim it at the edge of the rubbers..cut it about 1/2 inch long and tuck it under the rubber with a squeege or plastic tool like a slim credit card ( I save the promotional ones that come in the mail).

WrapperX

Obviosuly edge irritation is going to shorten the life of any vinyl. Like Zigns said, you can put down an edge tape or I use primer 94 along the edges of all window perf whether its on a usable window or not. But even with that, if its moving up and down the edges get battered. Timberwind has a good method too although its not always possible to get at the rubber edges.

MikePro

i trim my edges back 1/4" and overlap with lamination tape flush along the edge of the seal. Let the tape get beaten up, not your graphic. You can always go back and re-laminate the edges if damage is done over the years... for a small fee*

stickerman68

i wouldnt do nothing but put it on....pretty durable....if there like most people i know, the truck will be traded in way before the graphic will come off.....rear windows ..like u said hardley used anyhow...