• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deciding on a flatbed Laminator

Signed Out

So between Rolls Roller, CWT and RollOver hard to pick a favorite. Hardly any bad reviews for any of them, the upper end models anyway. Tons of reviews on CWT and Rolls Roller, not so many reviews for the RollOver. So really boiling down to turnaround time and pricing. I'm a month or more out for the rolls rollers and the CWT model I like. RollOver I can have installed within a week. CWT and rollover about the same price, Rolls is quite a bit more. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the rollover. Just wish I could find some more feedback on them. Seems not nearly as many out there as the others based on the reviews I can find.

Anybody have any feedback on the RollOver, good or bad?

CanuckSigns

Ask the rollover dealer to send you the contact info of some of their installations, give them a call and see what they say, most shops are happy to shoot the shit with another shop owner.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
He roller starts "on" the print instead of "in front" of the print. The method of dropping roller first and moving over the print could cause wrinkles.
I saw that but why? Its just the same if he rolled the thing after he dropped it the first time

Brandon708

I have a Roll-X table that is awesome. The roller is a simple design with minimal things to get in the way and the legs are independently adjustable for height and leveling. That was important to me because there is a drain near one of the legs and the floor dips down so with that adjustability I can have it level.

Manning

Premium Subscriber
I have the Roll-X Professional 5'-9" x 15'-5". First of all.. this would be the first piece of equipment that I would purchase if I ever started over. Push button height adjustment, straight edge opening on each side for cutting against. Tool trays the length of the table on both sides(these are an unbelievable luxury). We use it for everything...Application tape...no problem, just square your materials with the roller and go. Laminating?...We haven't used our RS laminator since the Roll-x was setup. And about a week later it was moved out back under a tarp. We have saved a ton of time and money from the wasted material and procrastinating jobs. Ours is a 2018 model...the company through in an EXC Tabletop trimmer 6' cut. Its nice to have and we use it a ton, but the design is not good. I saw they have changed to EXC KeenCut, it looks like its a better design.... On a funny note, I laughed at a video of a rollsroller back when they first came out. Oh yeah, the only downside is when laminating there's a little more silvering than I like, but it seems to go a way in a couple of day.
We do not use the surface for cutting, we use the cutting edges, exc trimmer and scissors, so our "cutting" mat still looks great after 2 years. Good Luck... hope this random info helps. video of one...

Signed Out

Ended up going with the Rollover Classic table. 13'x5.5', adjustable height. Gets delivered tomorrow. I'm excited, think it will really speed up production.

Any pointers or tips for table location/setup? Or anything you wish you knew day one that you know now?

Signed Out

How's your Rollover table working out?

I have another thread going about the getting the rollover installed and my experience with it so far.

We love it so far, couple hiccups to get started. Which I believe is mainly due to the royal soverign/rollover relationship. Based on our install, royal soverign hasn't installed many... or used them enough to know how to train. Not that training is really necessary since they are so basic, but I mean the guy wanted us to pre cut pieces of transfer tape, and squeegee the first few inches down by hand then... instead of webbing up the roll of tape like it's meant to do. After 5 minutes of the training, I told him we were all set on this end. The install wasn't the smoothest either, you know they haven't done much of it before when they are watching youtube videos on how to install as they are installing..

But, I was able to get the rollover about a month quicker than a CWT or Rolls Roller, so, in the end I'm very happy with it so far. I did want to get the CWT platinum table over this one, if I didn't have to wait so long for it that's the way I would have gone.