• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

decommissioning for holidays

diarmuidrobson

Hi, heading on holiday Next weekend and need to power my jv3 down for 10 days.

Whats the best way about This.

Flush the heads with cleaning solution until it runs ink free.

Should i leave a small amount of flush in the head or push it all out.

Is it ok to leave the heads in place or should i remove them and place in original plastic packaging.

I assume once all ink is flushed from head it is safe when recommisioned.

JgS

Is it really necessary to decommission the printer if you are only leaving for 10 days? Doesn't the jv3 have a periodic cleaning function.

TheSnowman

I think I left for 14 days once and didn't even give it a thought. Just cleaned good before I left and good when I got home. Only had to replace the pump and dampers in the 6 years I had that machine...it was amazing. I'd say even if you do nothing you should be fine.

diarmuidrobson

I think I left for 14 days once and didn't even give it a thought. Just cleaned good before I left and good when I got home. Only had to replace the pump and dampers in the 6 years I had that machine...it was amazing. I'd say even if you do nothing you should be fine.

I always run into problems when printer left for more thanks 2 days. If i leave on a friday and return monday the lines below the caps end up clogged.

I have been advised best option is to fill caps with solution and soak heads.