Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decorative Hardware

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by TeamOutlaw, Jan 8, 2020.

1. TeamOutlaw

TeamOutlaw Member

May 4, 2011
    Brookings, SD
    We are installing 6 Komatex panels (6'H x 4'W) at the local university to interior brick walls. The top 1/2 of the panel will be overlayed with Walltalkers tac-wall (cork / bulletin board).

The facilities / interior designers are asking for the hardware to be "pretty"...not just some ugly blue masonry screw showing when all said and done.

Looking for some advice for a screw that will not only hold 4'x6' 1/2" thick Komatex panel to a brick wall...yet look nice? Anything with a decorative "cap" like a standoff etc. out there and easily accessible!? TIA

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Install wall anchors and use the Faux Standoff Caps from MBS or Gifford?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I think it would look nice it you built a nice frame around it and hung it with a french cleat.

4. TeamOutlaw

TeamOutlaw Member

May 4, 2011
    Brookings, SD
    College kids = destructive. They want it screwed FLAT to the wall. They initially had acrylic panels with standoffs that lasted a week Lol And these are in a stairwell, so LOTS of passing traffic. Otherwise I like the cleat option

5. TeamOutlaw

TeamOutlaw Member

May 4, 2011
    Brookings, SD
    Yeah! Looking at them now...I KNEW I'd seen something before but couldn't remember where!

6. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
  7. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    These badboys are great:

[​IMG]

Stainless steel screw covers, acts as a washer and looks good. Just need to find some that fit the screws you are using.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Nice idea - source?

9. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    MBS and Gifford have them

• Agree Agree x 1