• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Defective Caddy

VSIUDI

I'm new to this forum and my company just recently upgraded to the Edge FX. I think I may have solved this, but has anyone ever encountered a defective caddy? The foil would not wind properly and instead just bunched up in the machine and unfortunately caused it to tear. I tried a new foil in a new caddy and it worked fine, but then I went back and tried the new foil in the "bad" caddy and again it would not wind. Is there a way to fix or prevent this?

Also, is there a way to rescue torn foils? Is it possible to splice them or reattach it to the take-up roll? I've been working with an Edge 2 for that last three years and I've never had a foil tear except when it runs out.

I will contact Gerber about this issue, but I'm waiting for the registration to go through. Service won't take my case until then.