• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Define... "The Craft"

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What does it mean? Is it good design? Is it good manufacturing? Is it the thing those people that want to invade area 51 intend to find?

unclebun

I think an easy way to describe it is to ask what makes craft beer "craft"? Why is farm-to-table a movement? Why is one of the runaway most successful food television shows DDD rather than a show about how chain restaurants pack them in and build their stock price?

Johnny Best

Cunning Radical Angry Foreign Terrorists
They have shows on weekends all over the place posed as older retirees, women with ponytails and men wearing Birkenstocks'.

Stacey K

I like making signs
The craft is the process between you and the customer that leads to the finished product. I don't believe it's the finished product but the process that gets you there. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

HecklnDecalr

I believe "The Craft" is in the knowledge gained over years in the industry of what works and what doesn't. It's being able to figure out what a customer needs rather than what a customer thinks they want, and being able to guide them there. It's all the little tricks you learn in design, production and installation that work, look good and save time and money.