• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

deformed results, please help me!!

Mustang Guy

I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 24" and for the past week I have not been able to clear up the distorted results. I have changed the blade, spring, and have turned my strip around and have even tried calibrateing the offsett and nothing changes the result. Here is a sample of what it is doing. It keeps rounding off the top of my fonts and cutting the tops of curved letters as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:frustrated:

Attachments

• test cut.jpg
    test cut.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 99

SignosaurusRex

The looks of those cuts indicate to me that something is loose or worn out, possibly within the carriage itself.
Have you tried a new blade holder? The holder itself may have a worn out bearing. Not likely, but possible.
Which blade and holder are you using?

GoodPeopleFlags

Did you just get the plotter or have you had it for awhile? We bought a used one that kept doing that and it seems like it had something to do with the way it was installed. Maybe even the power cord was too long? Something weird like that. Sorry I don't have more info.

Mustang Guy

I bought it new nearly 14 months ago, I am using a blue holder however, Should there be any play at all when I attempt to gently lift up on the carriage itself. Come to think of it, it does seem to be making a little more og a "clunk" sound during travel.

Thanks for all the responses.

Mustang Guy

Mustang Guy

I just fixed it. Thanks to everyone for all your help. The carriage rollers on the top needed adjusted. Cuts like a new one now.

A thousand thanks!!!!!!

Mustang Guy:thankyou::U Rock: