• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dell replacement battery charger issue

gabagoo

I must be a little to rough with my laptops adaptor and have gone through 3 in 4 years.

I would toss the laptop but it is my personal machine and my beloved Itunes is in there and it is a dogs breakfast to try and replicate it all in a newer machine. trust me I have tried and there is always batches of songs not set up correctly.

In any case I decided to find a new adaptor/charger online. I type in Dell charger and a few sites popped up. The site I found was called Canada Battery and they sold everything for any electronic device. I though this would be fine and they are in Canada so it should be simple. The charger was $25.00. A dell original was quoted to me at $80.00. The image I saw most definately had the embossed dell logo on it.

The charger showed up last week and i was excited to get that laptop back up and running a s I needed to get my Iphone plugged in and updated. The charger seems to be working fine although it has the embossed Dell circle logo on it but no Dell writing in the circle. I knew for $25 it couldn't really be an original, but it works and charges. The device has all the safety labels on it.

My problem is that this charger gets incredibly hot....much hotter than the old ones I had and I am concerned as to, just how hot can it get? I realize I get what I paid for, but seriously wonder if this thing is safe.

Ironically although the site was called Canada Battery the shipment came up from the US.