Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELL VOSTRO 1500 notebook partition.....

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Shovelhead, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    I'm very pleased with Acronis Disc Director....I tried to partion the HD
    and saw that I have a hidden FAT32 partition allocated as a "memdump"...
    after I split the main C: drive I got an error....suspect it's from the existing partion....what is that preinstalled "memdump"?

:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. TonyHoles

TonyHoles Active Member

Nov 21, 2007
    it probably has nothing to do with the memdump partition...what is the error you are getting???

3. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Most of the time those hidden partitions are for the recovery files shipped with computers. What you may have to do is reformatt the hard drive and reinstall.

5. TonyHoles

TonyHoles Active Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I would try to do a "repair" on each of the OS partitions before reformatting completely so you don't loss anything.

Try running a repair and hopefully it will fix whatever is causing the error.

To run a repair it's similar to reformatting but just choose the repair a partition option. I would run it on both OS's

6. Shovelhead

Dec 5, 2003
    Do I really need the crap on that small partition???
    I'll upload a screen shot later.

7. TonyHoles

TonyHoles Active Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Whenever I reformat I do away with that partition space. Others would probably say keep it but I don't.

8. John M

John M Member

Nov 27, 2007
    As long as Dell ships a real XP disk you can delete the partition if you feel like it. If they use a recovery disk that relies on that partition you'll be dead in the water if you ever need to reinstall.

Then again, reinstalls usually happen after the hard drive dies and that means that partition would be useless anyway.