• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DELL VOSTRO 1500 notebook partition.....

Shovelhead

I'm very pleased with Acronis Disc Director....I tried to partion the HD
and saw that I have a hidden FAT32 partition allocated as a "memdump"...
after I split the main C: drive I got an error....suspect it's from the existing partion....what is that preinstalled "memdump"?

:thankyou:

signage

Most of the time those hidden partitions are for the recovery files shipped with computers. What you may have to do is reformatt the hard drive and reinstall.

TonyHoles

I would try to do a "repair" on each of the OS partitions before reformatting completely so you don't loss anything.

Try running a repair and hopefully it will fix whatever is causing the error.

To run a repair it's similar to reformatting but just choose the repair a partition option. I would run it on both OS's

TonyHoles

Whenever I reformat I do away with that partition space. Others would probably say keep it but I don't.

John M

As long as Dell ships a real XP disk you can delete the partition if you feel like it. If they use a recovery disk that relies on that partition you'll be dead in the water if you ever need to reinstall.

Then again, reinstalls usually happen after the hard drive dies and that means that partition would be useless anyway.