• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

deposit and design

WOODBS

What are most of your guidelines on deposits for wraps, design fee etc? Say if the customer is unpleaseable, keep trying or keep deposit and send them on their merry way?

HulkSmash

Give them a price, design price included. If they say it's ok. we take 50% down, 50% on completion. Never had a case where they didn't like our design so i don't know how to help you there. Your between a rock and a hard spot when they don't like your design, it's hard to charge for that.

Here's what our initial quote says on the top

Thank you for your interest in signs and graphics from Colorado Signs! The following estimate is valid for 90 days. Colorado
Signs requires a 50% deposit upon acceptance of quotation with balance due on the day of completion of project. Colorado
Signs retains a lien on it's work product until full payment is received. Should customer not pay promptly all chages due, and at
its option may enter on any premises where the work product is located and take possession of it, recover from customer the
full amount owing, including cost of collection, interest at the statutory rate and reasonable attorneys fees, or both.
ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSAL-The following prices, specifications and conditions are satisfactory and are hereby accepted.
You are authorized to do the work as specified. Payment will be made as outlined above unless other arrangements are made.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I include a design brief as part of a contract. A design brief is a questionnaire that the client fills out. If you design to that design brief, you should charge more if the client is not pleased once you max out on the hours you charged for the design. If you are not designing to that brief, then the opposite, keep designing or give them a refund (complete or partial is up to how far off you are)

Craig Sjoquist

Some people no matter how many hoops you jump through or how well the design is will not be good enough, so at some point you go, I've X amount of changes, hours, hassle, and you have payed WHAT... They are not going to be happy unless 100% refund either are you ... So if your contract does not cover you, give the the money back and move on