Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Central resizing

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Tim D, May 17, 2007.

1. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I just got a new monitor, 22" widescreen. Now Design Central is cut off on the right side. Is there a way to resize the pallet? It doesn't seem to work like any of the other pallets.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    You can't just click the top bar on pallet and drag the pallet where you want it ?

3. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    The question isn't about moving it. I can put it in the middle of the screen if I wanted to. I need to resize it so that all of the controls are visible/usable.

4. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    If you move it where you can see it all, then aren't all the controls visible ? Are you saying you don't have your fill/stroke editor visible ? click on the option on the tool bar above.....

5. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    We don't have any issue on any of our widescreens... It looks "proper", but do you know if you're running native resolution for your monitor? I've never seen that before, myself.

6. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    you can always call the tech-support line and get stuck on hold with some man in Pakistan that dosent speak english

7. RiXaX

RiXaX Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    I needed to re set the screen resolution on mine to a setting recommended by the monitor manufacturer. I also needed to download a new driver for the monitor so that I could achieve that setting.

8. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I had to do the same and that's when the problem started.

9. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Tech support is more useless then the manual. Thanks, though.

10. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Here is a better look at the pallets. The right side is cut off. You'd think that you could just click & drag to resize, but that doesn't work.

Attached Files:

11. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    You may want to try to reset your preferences in the program itself. Or try to reinstall the program and when it reloads it may customize itself to the new settings of your monitor. Hope that helps

12. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    Control Panel -> Display- > Appearance -> Font Size

Don't know if this will help, but might be worth a look.

13. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I'll try resetting my preferences, but I don't think I want to reload the program unless I absolutely have to.

14. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Problem solved. Resetting preferences worked. Thanks DRamm 76.

15. Blazingsun

Blazingsun Active Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I have the same problem also, I even reset the preferences.

16. GARY CULY

GARY CULY Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    tim ..when you went to preferences ..what did you do there? to fix it [ what should settings be to achieve the answer to problem]