• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design for a new customer today

J

john1

Hey guys! Since reading on my Dan Antonelli Logo Design books i have had alot of new ideas and inspiration.

I had a customer call me yesterday that wanted some cards made up only. He said he had some cheapies from Staples but wanted something more serious and hes seen my personal cards and loved them.

I said no problem and we met today and earlier today i was practicing different things using what i learned and fooled with this customers logo that he currently didn't have.

So i took my laptop to the meeting and showed him what i had in mind and sold him the logo (middle he liked) as well as 2500 cards and the design for the cards. I customized the A's a tad, the apostrophe as well as modified the script some to add a personal touch.

Just goes to show you that if you actually TRY to sell what helps the customer, It sometimes goes in your favor :clapping:

I know alot on here could improve this by alot but the customer liked it and it is my step in the direction of selling logos and designs to my customers thanks to the logo books i bought and you guys on here!

The reason the lines are in the middle are because in the Logo 1 book it says don't leave too much dead white space, Fill it in to draw the attention to the middle area if you can.

Attachments

• jays_performance_parts_Logo.jpg
    jays_performance_parts_Logo.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 57

Jillbeans

When using that font try the alternate "s".
Type it out like this:
Jays'
Then break apart.
Move the ' to the right spot, and weld the word. Then node edit to make it look smooth where the y and s join, as if it had been hand painted.
The right spot for the ' is where it looks right to you, not where the keyboard types it.
If that makes sense.
If you don't know how to find an alternate letter run charmap (character map) it will give you the right numbers to type in while holding the alt key.
Love.....Jill

fmg

I like the top version.
Nice design you got going on there.
Enjoy your step in the right direction!

mrfern

Question for you. Would you recommend Dan Antonelli Logo Design 1 or 2? I am sure both are great but if you are interested in SMB design which do you think covers it the best.:smile:

J

john1

Question for you. Would you recommend Dan Antonelli Logo Design 1 or 2? I am sure both are great but if you are interested in SMB design which do you think covers it the best.:smile:

I'd recommend both, They are only $50 for both and each one covers ALOT. I know the second one covers some things the first didn't that were very helpful

I got both new on Amazon for i think $49.75 shipped, use the FREE shipping as it says it takes 5-8 days but i had mine in just 2!

formanek

What kind of parts? Car, appliance, motorcycle? Logos should reflect meaning as to what they are to portray.

mrfern

thanks for the update

I'd recommend both, They are only $50 for both and each one covers ALOT. I know the second one covers some things the first didn't that were very helpful

I got both new on Amazon for i think $49.75 shipped, use the FREE shipping as it says it takes 5-8 days but i had mine in just 2!

Thanks that is what I wanted to know. I will order the 2nd one today on Amazon. Thanks again.

Craig Sjoquist

John1 ... good glad you are learning and fast to, hope several other people that have not read the books, Dan Antoneli really does explain well in those books.

Also read Mike Stevens mastering layouts another excellent book

Likes your logo design big improvement

J

john1

Can't wait for your next one Dan!

Any hints as to what it will be based on this go around?

Thank you for the kind words Craig! Thanks to everyone for the tips as well!

Dan Antonelli

John-

It's going to not only be written for designers, but for small business owners looking to learn more about branding their business. It's going to provide examples and tips for creating a brand with impact. Maybe a refresh on some previously published concepts, as well.

More than likely it will be an e-book.

W

wetgravy

I like the bottom design john, good stuff over all. Only suggestion would be on the bottom one .. and it would be to make sure there is a slight slant on the bottom left of the bar so it matches the angle of the top one. other than that I like them all.