• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

design for my wife

Fatboy

Guys please crit this design for my wife.She is starting a clothing label

Attachments

• tray.jpg
    tray.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 86

neato

I'm unsure how that's supposed to read...Why is the B so large? Is it "Tracey B Bodywear"?

jiarby

scrap the whole thing and try again. Is that the karate kid with a pony tail? Why is the drop shado darker than the foreground object?

Fatboy

scrap the whole thing and try again. Is that the karate kid with a pony tail? Why is the drop shado darker than the foreground object?

lol:ROFLMAO:Good one.Please help me here.My wife thinks I am a great designer.We all know that it is not true.She is a fitness instructor and wants to sell some sports wear to her clients. Tracy B is her instructor name. Lot of her classes are TAEBO...explaining the karate kid thing!

Circleville Signs

If she wants to sell sprotswear, then she needs to decide who her target demographic is. Is it younger clients, middle aged, or older clients?

What you have there now is really not even a good start. Answer a few of my questions above, and I'm happy to try and give you a few ideas - as I'm sure others will as well.

iSign

also, I would pretend the design is nailed already & proceed to the next step.. buying labels. Where will you do that? what will they cost? how will they be made? what resolution can you expect? What extra cost per color might you spend (or save)?

If you know all that up front, it's probably going to help you make better decisions in the design phase.

Oh, why not start black & white & get a good layout first. (And your costing research may lead you to consider a single color design anyway, so nailing a layout you both like before adding extra could come in handy for that too)

iSign

another thought.. ever take a vacation to Bali? Ever want to?
I had a friend do a clothing line & she went to Bali to line up the labels, and some of the custom designed fabric production. The cost of the trip was far less then the savings over contracting for similar services in the US. (yeah yeah.. buy American... I know :omg: ..like WalMart)

Circleville Signs

On another note - I would also consider coming up with a different name. I know it's your wife's line, but the name doesn't roll of the tongue well. I'd consider something that actually tells people what the benefit of the product is. This about Under Armour, or FlexFit, etc.

Fatboy

Thank you guys...great thoughts... ::thankyou:.Will come back to you on all the points.Thank you once again

iSign

On another note - I would also consider coming up with a different name. I know it's your wife's line, but the name doesn't roll of the tongue well. I'd consider something that actually tells people what the benefit of the product is. This about Under Armour, or FlexFit, etc.

which reminds me of another point... if she is very successful, but tires of it, it could still be sold as a business that shares her name... but it might be a little easier to sell if it didn't have a nice reputation built on a personal name that the new owner would then fell stuck with, but not entirely happy with...

Jillbeans

Quick impressions:
Why two colors of pink?
Very formal looking script, looks more like for bridal wear.
Script has too severe of an angle, making it even harder to read.
Shadow has more impact than the B.
ody wear reads as very disconnected and looks small.
Clipart of woman isn't needed.
Will this need to be embroidered?
Because I think the shadow would be hard to replicate.
Why the outline on the pink rule line?
It's always best to start in black and white.
Love....Jill

signgal

I'm looking forward to see his revisions... I do kickboxing and the appeal for most of us gals is the "bad ass/sexy" feeling. This does not convey that. I will suggest that if you're thinking about a name change you consider.... T-wear

Jillbeans

I know you are not a fan of my layouts but I took Signgal's name suggestion and made a stylized "t".

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 76