• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design help

CanuckSigns

I have a client who runs a coin operated car wash, he wants some decals that will completely cover the face of his coin boxes. I sent him this design and he really likes it, except for the "pie chart", he thinks it looks too 1970's while the rest of the design is modern. the pie chart will have a selector know over it to let people select what process they want to use and I'm having a bit of a block trying to figure out some way of "modernizing it" while still keeping it functional.

I'm hoping a fresh set of eyes might help

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• face plate rev 2.jpg
    face plate rev 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 95

SKD937

I see what you got going on....don't know if this is the answer but its my 2 cents so here we go: What if you take the circle with all the info and change that to red with a white gradient (like the arrow)....Then take your black font and change to white and give the white font a black outline. Of coarse you lose the different colors for the different selections....just a thought

peavey123

did this up quick. I would do something much nicer with the background though. What I did makes me want to puke as I ran out of time.

For inspiration on this kinda thing google infographics. There's some nice designs out there that could get your design juices flowing. Good luck Scott.

Attachments

• watsonconcept.jpg
    watsonconcept.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 85

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
here are a couple.

I've never been a fan of text angling around a circle like your example. It reads easier if you can keep it horizontal.

car wash.jpg

Marlene

the one on the right that Jester did looks really good. it keeps all you did that he liked and changed the pie chart into something more modern and makes it user friendly for the people who have to use it

2B

the R option from Jester

clean and functional with color to ensure the selection is known

CanuckSigns

Wow guys, thanks so much!

As for the water drop background, my client wants it to match some existing signage he has right beside the coin box.

Thanks again for the fresh eyes!