Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Station?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by ndemond, Jul 29, 2009.

1. ndemond

ndemond Active Member

Nov 6, 2007
    I am running Omega 2.51. It came with an extra copy of Omega and a dongle. I will be designing at home for a week or so and I want to install the design station on my home computer.

I have 2 copies (cd's) that look exactly the same. Is there a way to tell which copy is the one I need to install, to match the dongle? I am assuming the dongle is matched with a certain copy of Omega.

Thanks for any info.

Nancy

Tags:
  2. RebeckaR

RebeckaR Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    utah
    I don't have Omega, but I use two different copies of LXi. The two program disks are identical and it doesn't matter which one I use to install on my laptop.
    When you install the program it asks for the serial number that is associated with the dongle you will be using and after installation will only recognize that dongle.
    Maybe your program works the same?

3. ndemond

ndemond Active Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

Nancy

4. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

Sorry I saw this post so late, either CD will work, the magic is in the security key.