• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design with the Actual size of an object

FALCON

Hello, I want to design on an object with an area of 60 meters, how can I have the actual size when designing in Corel Draw? And I will print the designed sample with the right sizes for the person who wants to install the design on the A4 sheet so that he can see the sizes from the sheet and then install the design.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
And? Assuming you meant 60 square meters since "an area of 60 meters' is meaningless. Laying it out full scale should not pose a problem in a reasonably modern version of Corel and, despite any advice to the contrary, that's exactly what you should do. Scaling down merely hides problems since a scaled version, say 1:10, is lacking 90% of the information required for the completed work. Even with vector objects you can miss various geographical features. It's just fine to scale down in order to print, send proofs, etc. But don't scale up in order to produce the finished work. "That's what everyone does!" 'everyone', whomever they might be, will cry. To which you should say "If 50 million people do a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing."

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Maximum page size in CorelDRAW is 1800" X 1800" although the zooming to fit the page in the view will start getting wonky at page sizes around 1000". If I have a something like a building elevation that's any longer than about 80' I'll start working in scale, such as 50%, 25% or 10% of actual size. An object "with an area of 60 meters" might fit in the CorelDRAW workspace at full size, but that really depends on those width and height values of the object. If the object is closer to 60 meters across then you'll be stuck working in scale.

Aaron Hunter

Double click your ruler at the top of your work space...scroll to bottom of pop-up, click edit scale. Chose your preferred scale, go on with life. If I'm doing a structural impositions, sales drawing, or a tech 'n spec for fab I will always work in architectural scale that suits my company template at the desired scale. I can then copy and paste the elements into a new file, return them to full size and send them off to whichever output is needed. This allows me to have a minimal archive impact as well as let others easily pull measurements from a print out.