Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Designjet 8000s

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gary ford, Dec 20, 2019.

1. gary ford

gary ford New Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Radstock
    Hi i have resurrected a hp designjet 8000s for my own personal use can anyway tell me why it prints stripes like this. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    That printer was essentially a Seiko colorpainter (Later OKI). I'd be willing to bet that a dealer that services Seiko/OKI would be able to help you with that. It would make sense that it would use Seiko heads and ink delivery system, so there probably still some interchangeable parts with the older Seiko colorpainter printers.

https://www.large-format-printers.o...gs_prices_Hewlett-Packard_DesignJet8000sr.php

3. DTP2

DTP2 New Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Netherlands
    What does your nozzle check look like?
    Head alignments done?
    Uni- and bidirectional alignments done?
    And last but not least, print feed adjust (step adjust) is extremely important for these machines. Has this been done?

4. Ere

Ere Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Colorado
    Set print driver to high quality printing. Sounds silly but I have solved some HP inkjet problems this way.