• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designjet 9000 Error 1180

Typestries

Hi Gang! Well, I've searched the threads with no avail, so I'm gonna post. Our HP designjet 9000 is stuck in a perpetual 1180 error. It's not the occasional 1180 that we're all accustomed to, it happens every time the capping station moves, even at startup, and then, errors, you restart, then get the error again.

We have done all the usual 1180 fixes that we've been told about, including removing the side case and cleaning the gears, beltway, guide shafts, springs, and lubing the guide shafts.

Any other ideas? I have service menu access, but need a little help on this one. Is there a way to increase the voltage tolerance timing that the machine gives the motor, which is telling the board to throw the 1180 error? Anything else? I know George has a lot of experience w these. Thanks in advance gang!

J Hill Designs

Im sure he fixed in or anchored it in the past 4.5 years...

:thumb:

but if this comes up to anyone searching, I have found that it is temperature related, ink is a bit too viscous causing the pump motor to work too hard. Or its time to get into service mode, put your head to the middle, run your pumps and drip solvent cleaning fluid down the caps to clean the lines