• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

designjet 9000s printing messy

joestees

I have designjet 9000s that was printing fine 6 months ago just fine. Now it is printing blurry/over-spray from the black and if I have it print the lines on the side magenta, yellow and black print fine the other 3 have lines in them now.

I bought one of those print head cleaner kits and have cleaned in 3 times in the last 6 months to try and get it to print better. I have also adjusted the print-head down to try and decrease the black over-spray on the images.
Nothing has yet to work. Any inside would be appreciated

I have cleaned the caps and wipers regularly and do PH clean on it every other day at least if not every day and Print on it all the time to get ink moving.
Any idea's how to fix this? I have also tried different profiles and combination of profiles to see if it fixes and haven't had any luck yet.

Bill Modzel

Are you using aftermarket inks or is you black ink over it's expiration date?
You said that you used your head cleaner kit 3 times over the last 6 months. Does that mean that you've had this issue that long?
If not, have you used it recently? Are any of the jets actually plugged or are they just over-spraying?