• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designjet 9000s spraying K ink

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I have a problem with spraying on 9000s (white area around black color is stained).
The machine is new(six month old max) the spraying is mostly on the K
Regular maintenance is made every day normally.

Bill Modzel

There is a overnight pad soaking treatment that will dissolve any ink built up on the bottom of the printheads. It comes with multiple pads and all of the assorted pieces to accomplish this. Give Advantage Sign Supply a call, 800-522-3698

Dice

Do you print banners? It could be fuzz from the banners. Get a flash light and look all around the head and the carriage. Your looking for fibers.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I do, I'm using 791 since I have started using the printer (it is new)
I have attached a scan to have a more clear idea.

Attachments

• strip.jpg
    strip.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 141

Bill Modzel

Call your supplier or HP directly. The 791 series was defective in many ways. I had three colors in my 9000 that were running fine and than I replaced my magenta with a 791 and all things went to crap. Overspray just like your K is doing. They should replace your ink with 790 and you will need to do a complete flush.

d fleming

Definitely deflection form the ink. Same thing happened to me with oem seiko carts. Switched to nazdar, problem fixed itself inside of one cartridge.

Bill Modzel

I'll relate to you my experience. I replaced all of my 791 inks back to 790's and did a complete purge cycle. Even after, that my magenta, (which is the only color that was acting up), didn't print cleanly until the 4th or 5th print of a poster run. There are still a couple of jets that plug intermittently but have little effect on the final product.

So, let us know if the bug works out for you or if you need to do something more radical.

canawrap

keep in mind that after running the same ink for a long time then all of a sudden purging the system of the ink the machine was running, there are chunks and crap that sit deep in the lines, or in reservoirs or what have you that only come up with the purge and can end up clogging everything up.
it's kind'a like the rust that holds the bumper together for ever until you wash it and it falls off.
we had the same issue with our HP after cleaning every possible thing you can think of, and we are easily the most anal people around with daily maintenance on the machine and the only thing that helped us after the same kinds of issues is switching the head out that was failing....mine was the magenta, and that was the end of it.

RIDigital

HP 791 ink s#cks

Read this note HP should replace the head and the inks at there cost, read the service notes, i am a HP tech, and repalced over 30 heads at no cost tyo the customer becoase of 791 inks

DESCRIPTION

When using new HP791 inks in the HP Designjet 9000s or 10000s printers, an issue may occur where one or more printheads suddenly stop during printing. The issue can also be decribed as Massive nozzles out or Printheads being clogged. In some cases, the effect is not always noticed and can occasionally dissappear after one or more strong printhead recoveries.

SCOPE

This Advisory is applicable for the HP Designjet 9000s and 10000s products using HP791 inks.

RESOLUTION

Before starting with any troubleshooting method, the call center agent should ask the customer for the Cartridge ID# of the affected colors, found at the cartridge’s side.
Use the attached spreadsheet to determine if Cartiridge is affected by this Advisory: c01810986.xlsx .
If the cartridge’s ID# appears in the supplied list, replace the cartridge with a new one and ask the customer to perform an Ink Charge procedure once they receive the new one. Also include the defective Cartridge ID# in WFM description. NOTE: If the cartridge is not listed on the attached spreadsheet, normal troubleshooting shall be applied.

Replacement process:
Follow the process for cartridge replacement through HP Call Center or ARC. The defective Ink Cartridges must be retrieved and disposed of by HP. Use the table below to determine the correct part number to replace for the affect color cartridge.
Cartridge part numbersCartridge color
Part number
Black
CC663A
Cyan
CC664A
Magenta
CC667A
Yellow
CC668A
Light Cyan
CC665A
Light Magenta
CC666A

NOTE: If a customer says that the operation has not worked well and the printhead has suffered permanent damage by a defective cartridge used before, check if the printer needed a cartridge exchange because of being in the list and if “yes”, proceed to exchange the printhead. Otherwise, normal troubleshooting shall be applied.

The printhead part numbers to be used for the Designjet HP 9000s and HP 10000s are Q6665-60001 or Q6665-69001, either of them should work.

Parts Required

Replacement Part Number
Quantity
Description
CC663A
Black cartridge
CC664A
Cyan cartridge
CC667A
Magenta cartridge
CC668A
Yellow cartridge
CC665A
Light Cyan cartridge
CC666A
Light Magenta cartridge
Q6665-60001 or Q6665-69001
HP 9000s/10000s printhead

SERVICE ACTION

Replace affected HP791 Ink Cartridges and/or Printhead as described in Resolution section.

Recommended Action: Fix on Specified Failure

Objective: Not Applicable

LABOR ALLOWED

Hours: 0

Minutes: 0

Service Delivery Type: Customer Site

EFFECTIVE DATES

Start: 2009-09-01

Expiration: 2010-09-01

WARRANTY COVERAGE

Labor Covered: By Division

Parts Covered: By Division